Monday, February 2, 2009

Real Life Recruiting - Real Life Being the Operative Word

I know I’ve talked a lot about job openings lately but well, that is my job. And the outlook of the employment field in general is ever-changing. The hiring and firing trends are constantly evolving and I’m just trying to keep up with them. And I feel it’s my duty certainly, to post positive changes because we need positive things in our lives. 

So, what I’ve found is that while layoff’s are going on out there, there are also hiring’s within those same companies. What’s happening is this: companies are laying off employees in certain departments, product lines, etc. because those dept’s, product lines, etc. aren’t doing well. Other parts of the company may be doing very well, however and those are the areas in which the company will have to capitalize in, order to make a profit. 

 What we’re seeing is a switch in who people are hiring; an industry switch if you will. And this change is sweeping across the country; hiring tendencies will be changing to what they’ve traditionally been the last few years. 

So I don’t know if that helps or hurts you, in particular, but either way there is hiring going on. And that’s always a good thing. 

- Frank Viarra

No comments:

Post a Comment